Growing up during the holidays we always had pie at family gatherings along with all the other sweets. And we always had cool whip to top them. It really was a combination that had to go together.
Still to this day, I love to top my pie (pumpkin is my favorite) with whipped cream. Instead of buying the little tub in the frozen section, we make our own. It only takes a couple minutes and it tastes a lot better!
What you need:
1 C heavy cream (dairy or coconut)
1 t spoonable stevia (or a tablespoon of another type of sweetener)
1/2 t pure vanilla extract
- Gather ingredients, a mixing bowl and a hand mixer
- Pour cream into bowl, turn your hand mixer to high, mix for about 3-4 minute or until you can form peaks
- Add in vanilla, sweetener and variations below if you're adding them, mix again for 10-15 seconds
- Top your favorite pie or holiday treat and enjoy!
- To store, put into a glass container with an airtight lid. Store in freezer for a couple months or in fridge for a couple weeks.
- Chocolate whipped cream- add 2 T cocoa powder to recipe
- Peppermint whipped cream- add 2 drops of peppermint extract or ingest-able essential oil to recipe
- Cinnamon whipped cream- add 2 t cinnamon to recipe
- Fruity whipped cream- add 3 T pureed/mashed fruit to recipe (example strawberries, blueberries, bananas)