There are some things I just don't know how to do. Do you know the feeling? Like quilting or fixing a broken sink but pinterst has been some help to me!
I knew I was going to need a jar for a spice I was going to be making so I had to clean and remove the sticker off the jar. Usually I just wash jars and don't care if the the sticker comes off, it may look ugly but I never cared but lately all the crafty fall ideas have been popping up so I knew I had to get-a-cleaning some of my jars.
I originally found the idea from this post but wanted to try it with something a little cheaper... and it worked! I used olive oil as the removing agent but you can also use peanut butter, coconut oil or anything with an oily residue.
So, with out further ado, here are the steps on HOW TO remove stickers from jars:
- Gather glass jars you want to address, peal off sticker the best you can
- Hold jar(s) under HOT water (be careful) for about 20+ seconds
- Scrub with a scrubber and remove as much sticker as you can
- Pour olive oil (doesn't matter the kind) on sticker and let sit for 5-10 minutes
- Scrub the access sticker off (should come off very easily)
- Rinse jar, wash with dish soap and rinse again
- Dry the jar then use as needed... and it will be prettier! Or you can use for all those homemade gifts you'll be making this season!