This yellow packet is *600 times as sweet as regular sugar and was first discovered back in 1976 when a scientist was researching ways to mix sucrose with chemicals to make insecticides. The scientist tasted the substance and discovered it was sweet. So it's pretty much the same thing as putting a pesticide in your food.
*Pure splenda is 600 times as sweet as sugar, the granulated is a cup to cup substituteSuclarose is a chlorocarbon. The chlorocarbons have long been known for causing organ, genetic, and reproductive damage. I'm not much of a scientist so when I read more about this I get confused, hehe! But I do understand it isn't good for us!
What are some artificial sweeteners alternatives?
Low Calorie Natural Sweeteners:
Yacon Syrup and Powder
Natural Sweeteners: (to use in moderation)
Pure Cane Sugar
Evaporated cane juice
Agave nectar syrup
Brown rice syrup
What do you think about Artificial Sweeteners?
It's Healthy 2day Wednesdays 14th Link Up! So glad you're here! Thank you for stopping by! Hope you'll take a second to read some of the other entries! I hope we will all learn something to help make our families healthier! Check out last week's link up for a lot of great tips.
Each week, I am going to choose 3 posts that really stuck out to me, something that I thought would be encouraging to everyone. (if you would like to nominate someone, please email me)
My top 3 entries from last week:
Rules for this Link up:
- Share an idea, tip, recipe, things to avoid, something new to try, alternative medicine, going "green" tips, etc. that will help us to remain or become more healthy!
- If this is your first time participating read & get button here
- Comment on someone who linked up
- Add button or link back to that days link up
- Spread the word so we can learn more ideas on keep our families healthy! If you're not participating today, I hope you'll come back & join in!
- Ideas: homebirths, natural remedies, an interesting article, something eco-friendly, a review your doing, natural cleaner, alternative medicine, How to's, the list goes on & on!
*Linked to: Women Living Well, Homemaking Linkup, Traditional Tuesdays, Titus 2sdays, Works for Me, Melt in your Mouth Mondays, Simple Lives Thursday