- Eliminate alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars and saturated fats.
- Use natural home & personal care products or make your own:
How Do We Detoxify?
"Our bodies naturally do it every day. Detoxification is a normal body process of eliminating toxins through the colon, liver, kidneys, lungs, lymph and skin. In fact, internal detoxification is one of our body's most basic automatic functions.. However, when this system is compromised, impurities aren't properly filtered and every cell in the body is adversely affected," states Linda Page in her book A guide to Self-Healing for Everyone.
Click Here to view 12 steps you can take to detox.
A wonderful way to detoxify your body is doing the Healing Diet, which is not only good for detox but protecting your body from Diabetes, Obesity, Heart Disease, Autism, Digestive disorders, Fatigue, Depression, Hormone imbalance, and Cancer prevention.
An important part of your detoxification diet should be:
- Spring water, reverse osmosis water or tested well water
- Organic Whole Foods. especially meats, poultry, fish
- Plenty of vegetables and fruits
- Fats that heal (E.F.A.s)
- Unrefined sea salt
- Eat primarily foods that contain live enzymes (raw food) and nutrients.
- Avoid drugs--over-the-counter, prescription, and recreational types
- Substitute natural remedies, such as nutrients, herbs, and homeopathic medicines, all of which have fewer side effects.
- Avoid or minimize exposure to chemicals at home and work is also important.
A great Detox drink
Each week, I am going to choose 3 posts that really stuck out to me, something that I thought would be encouraging to everyone.
My top 3 entries from last week:
Research: It's Worth It
-a personal story about why she (a sahm) researches choices for her family
How to eat Real Food in 8 easy steps
-helpful steps you can take to help you eat Real Foods
Chicken & Maters Stew
-a hearty stew you will love made with homemade ketchup
Rules for this Link up:
- Share an idea, tip, recipe, things to avoid, something new to try, alternative medicine, going "green" tips, etc. that will help us to remain or become more healthy!
- Comment on someone who linked up before you
- Add button or link back to that days link up
- Spread the word so we can learn more ideas on keep our families healthy! If you're not participating today, I hope you'll come back & join in!
- Ideas: homebirths, natural remedies, an interesting article, something eco-friendly, a review your doing, natural cleaner, alternative medicine, How to's, the list goes on & on!