In that same sense that kids are always watching, us as adults are still watching and learning from our parents even though we might not even know we are. And yes, some are good things and some are bad!
|My Mom (Mamaw) with grandkids|
I learned about a baking soda vinegar scrub which you could use on many different surfaces as I watched my mom clean her toaster oven pan. After coming back to Tennessee last week, I was reheating some food in our toaster oven (we no longer use a microwave... more on that in a later post) and the pan was caked with some burnt food so all I did was do what I watched my mom do! I poured baking soda on the pan and spread it around. Then I poured enough vinegar to cover the baking soda. Here's the fun part... I let is sizzle! Lastly, I took a scrub brush and brushed... poof it was clean!
|Baking Soda Vinegar Scrub Ingredients|
(I just use the generic brands for homemade cleaning products)
Since I learned this idea from my mom, I decided I would show my daughter how to do it. Although she is only 2 she had fun helping and there will be several times in the future I will re-teach her this trick, especially in those "fun" teenage years.
Have you ever made a natural scrub cleaner? Have you ever learned some natural cleaning tips from your mom?
It's Healthy 2day Wednesdays 24th Link Up! So glad you're here! Thank you for stopping by! Hope you'll take a second to read some of the other entries! I hope we will all learn something to help make our families healthier!
Each week, I am going to choose 3 posts that really stuck out to me, something that I thought would be encouraging to everyone. (if you would like to nominate someone, please email me)
Rules for this Link up
- Share an idea, tip, recipe, things to avoid, something new to try, natural remedy, alternative medicine, going "green" tips, etc. that will help us to remain or become more healthy!
- If this is your first time participating read more info & get button here
- Comment on someone who linked up, I'm sure they would LOVE to hear from you!
- Add button or link back to that days link up
- Spread the word so we can learn more ideas on keep our families healthy
- If you're not participating today, I hope you'll come back & join in!