However, we all know that cleaning is a fact of life and it has to get done. If I had to choose my favorite chore, I would choose cleaning the kitchen. Then next would be sweeping & vacuuming. My least favorite chores are the cleaning the bathrooms, mopping and I think the worst is laundry!! I would rather clean the kitchen for 3 hours than fold laundry for 3 hours, haha!
Besides the fact that cleaning is just something that has to get done there are reports that suggests that many cleaning supplies are toxic. So how do we take steps to clean our home with non-toxic cleaners???
There are natural non-toxic alternatives you can buy now but you can also make your own too!
I have found some homemade natural recipes I am going to try out soon and hope they will help you as well!
-3 cups Olive oil
-or Linseed oil
-1 cup Vinegar
Mix together. Use a clean, soft cloth to apply. For a fresh smell try adding a citrus essential oil!
Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Sprinkle baking soda into the toilet bowl, then add vinegar and scrub with you toilet brush. Add Lavender essential oil for a freshening smell!
All Purpose Cleaner (makes 32 ounces)
-1 cup clear apple cider vinegar (Or other vinegar)
-1 tablespoon of Castile soap
-10-20 drops of your favorite essential oil (scent)
-Fill with water
Spray and wipe clean!
For essential oils, try Lavender a natural antibacterial or even Lemon, Eucalyptus or Grapefruit! Eucalyptus oil can help to remove sticky substances, and is useful for spot cleaning. Tea Tree oil is another antibacterial that can be used for cleaning as well as personal care!
Look for other natural cleaners in your local health food store or even at places like Target & Walmart!
Do you use natural cleaners & do you make your own?
It's Healthy 2day Wednesdays 17th Link Up! So glad you're here! Thank you for stopping by! Hope you'll take a second to read some of the other entries! I hope we will all learn something to help make our families healthier! Check out last week's link up for a lot of great tips and pictures of my new niece.
Each week, I am going to choose 3 posts that really stuck out to me, something that I thought would be encouraging to everyone. (if you would like to nominate someone, please email me)
My top 3 entries from last week:
Prioritizing Money spent on Healthy Food
9 Healthy Tips on Eating & Exercise
Savory Paleo Zucchini Muffins
Rules for this Link up:
- Share an idea, tip, recipe, things to avoid, something new to try, alternative medicine, going "green" tips, etc. that will help us to remain or become more healthy!
- If this is your first time participating read & get button here
- Comment on someone who linked up
- Add button or link back to that days link up
- Spread the word so we can learn more ideas on keep our families healthy! If you're not participating today, I hope you'll come back & join in!
- Ideas: homebirths, natural remedies, an interesting article, something eco-friendly, a review your doing, natural cleaner, alternative medicine, How to's, the list goes on & on!
*Linked to: Women Living Well, Homemaking Linkup, Traditional Tuesdays, Titus 2sdays, Works for Me, Simple Lives Thursday Pin It